Regardless of the type of calculations lined up in front of you, you can always find a calculator to help you solve them.
An accounting calculator is an indispensable piece of equipment, especially if your profession or course of study is related to finances. Even real estate professionals have to make use of a calculator to get accurate calculations in their work. Financial calculators are different from basic calculators in that they come with many built-in financial functions that simplify calculations.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks...
There are many calculator models on the market today and choosing one can be extremely difficult. To help you choose, we have picked out five of the best options available!
- Big Number Keys: OFFIDIX Calculator brings your good sense of touch, clear sound. The big number keys can help you bit the number more quickly and exactly.
- Dual Power: Solar and battery power supply, solar power works even in the dim light.
- Comfortable Button: OFFIDIX Calculator use the high quality ABS plastic which makes the button more comfortable and the key resilience performance is better.
- Practical: This electronic calculator is a general purpose desktop calculator. Complete function, can meet various computing needs.
- Apply for Home and Office Use: It is easy to carry and perfect for office, school or home use.
The OFFIDIX Desk Calculator Financial Accounting Style Electronic Calculator Portable 12 Digit Calculator is an excellent calculator that stands out from the rest because of its large display and big number keys.
You get a strong sense of touch and clear clicking sound, making it possible for you to quickly type numbers with ease. Plus, you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong numbers. The plastic buttons are comfortable and resilient, increasing the efficiency of this calculator -- this is because they are made with high-quality ABS plastic.
It comes with two power supplies -- a replaceable battery and solar. Even in dim lighting, you can still use the solar power supply.
It is a general-purpose electronic desktop calculator with several functions that should meet your calculating needs. You can easily use and take it anywhere -- school or home.
Its display is tilted, making it easier to read compared to other flat desktop calculators.
OFFIDIX Desk Calculator is made with silicon conductive rubber, making it fatigue resistant, comfortable to touch and hold, and precise. It is also durable with a use frequency of approximately one million times.
- Easy to use calculator with financial and scientific functions
- Solves Time-Value -of- Money calculations such as annuities, mortgages, leases, depreciation and amortisation
- Computes NPV and IRR with up to 24 uneven cash flows
- Includes 2 variable statistics capabilities
- 10 memory storage inputs
The BA II plus advanced financial calculator has an excellent and portable design. Its features may be limited compared to others. However, it offers you more than enough to justify its cost.
One of the most important features of the BA II Plus financial calculator is its visuals. The buttons on the calculator have color-coding to make them easy to understand. Because of its design, you can quickly and easily find the functions. This calculator is one of the few financial calculators on the market with a built-in memory to save your previous worksheets. This helps save time.
The size of this calculator means you can easily take the calculator anywhere with you.
It has several preset functions for conversions of interest rate, depreciation, amortization, and more. It also comes with an easy-to-read manual to guide you on how to operate it.
- Two-way Power: Solar and Battery
- Large 8 digit display
- Desktop calculator
- Tax and Currency conversion, Function and Command Signs
- On and Off buttons, Profit margin %, +/-, Key Rollover
Casio MS-80B has a compact and portable design that makes it easy to fit into a briefcase. However, it has large buttons for fast typing that makes it easy to use. Apart from its large buttons, it comes with an eight-character display.
It also comes with built-in functions such as budget calculations, tax calculations, currency calculations, and more.
It has an excellent compact design and weighs just 5.6 ounces, meaning it can easily fit into your pocket. Plus, you can easily see the display because of its angled screen.
Both solar power and a battery pack power it, so you don't have to worry about replacing the battery. You can use it both at night and day. Its solar power can be used even in dim lighting so that you can use the battery only as backup power.
It saves power with its automatic shut-off feature that shuts it down when you are not using it.
A special feature of the Casio MS-80B is its independent memory function. This gives you the ability to add and subtract values from the independent memory of the calculator. This means that you can always use these values in your future calculations. Its rollover feature prevents you from losing anything when making fast calculations.
- Comfortable Computer Key Buttons: The Special computer key button is higher than the common computer and it increases the resiliency of this button. It cannot be stuck easily during you use it. The big figure button can help the aged seeing clearly and using it happily.
- Enhanced LCD Display Screen: We use the specially modulated pigment for the display screen which improves the clarity of the display screen greatly.
- Dual Power & Energy Saving: The powers are battery and solar (one AA battery NOT included). The Solar design make the calculator can work in daytime or even in the dim light without battery.
- Special Functions: When you would like to calculate the number, it will express the symbol (plus, subtract, multiply or divide) on the screen. It can help you seeing the operation step when you operate continuously
- Apply For: It perfects for office, business, school, store, mall and home use. It supports touch typing by user such as bank stuff, financial worker, front Desk clerk and data analyst etc.
This is another financial calculator from OFFIDIX. It has almost the same design as the first financial calculator in this review. This means that it also comes with comfortable and large buttons made with resilient plastic for durability. The big buttons are an added plus as it means aged individuals can easily see them.
It comes with an enhanced LCD Display screen design with a unique modulated pigment. This helps to greatly improve the entire clarity of the screen's display.
It is powered by both solar and battery. You can use the calculator's solar power in the daytime and even in dimmer lighting. Plus, it comes with an energy-saving feature.
It has a special feature that makes it possible to see the different steps of your calculations.
The OFFIDIX Office Computer Key Electronic Calculator is ideal for businesses, stores, homes, offices, and malls. It is also perfect for students or anyone who performs more complex calculations from time to time. Plus, it comes with a manual that shows you how to easily access the functions.
- The wireless usb numeric keypad can use a calculator or the keyboard mode The switch (PC/CAL) between them.
- And solar keyboard, you don't need the battery, when you use it as a calculator, if you use it as a numeric keypad, you need to install 2 aaa batteries (not including battery)
- When calculator and computer connection, install batteries, you can click "connect" button to connect to the computer, and then you can press the "send" key calculation results will be sent to the computer.
- Compact, convenient wireless keyboard backspace Big, full size, soft concave button to improve efficiency. Plug and play.
- Keyboard digital display is clear, effective distance of 10 meters and 2.4 g frequency operation. 29 key design, the key is suitable for the size of the office.
The I Focus 2 in 1 Wireless Numeric Keypad with Calculator Function is designed for efficiency. It has full-size, soft concave keys for easy typing. It has two sources of power supply: battery and solar.
It has a wireless keyboard backspace that is compact and convenient.
You can easily use the calculator by inserting the USB device into a USB port. There is no need to install any software or drivers -- you can easily control the numeric keypad on your keyboard.
The system requirement includes Windows or Vista 7, 8, or 10. It is not compatible with Mac OS X.
Guide to Buying the Best Financial Calculator
A financial calculator is an electronic device with many built-in functions for easy calculations of financial parameters. It is a must-have for people who work as financial advisers, brokers, bankers, or in any financial field.
These calculators have many functions that make financial calculations easy and fast. All you have to do is plug in the parameters to get your answers.
You can easily calculate financial parameters like interest rates and the value of a loan.
Today, there are tons of accounting calculators available on the market. Many of them come with capabilities that you would definitely never use. The only cases you would use most of these calculators' built-in features is if you are a student or if you work in a specialized field.
How to Choose the Best Accounting Calculator?
There are certain factors you have to consider before buying a financial calculator.
1. What Functions Do You Need?
The first factor that needs to be addressed is the functions you want to use on the calculator. These are the basic tasks you will routinely use your calculator for. Things are different for every field because real estate workers may need something different from fund managers or accountants.
2. Don't Go for the Calculator With Too Many Features
It's a fact that we always go for the best we can buy. When this is applied to buying calculators it means you will go for a more complex calculator with a lot of built-in functions. However, this can backfire, because you may end up buying a financial calculator that is too complex for your needs.
3. Do You Know How to Use All the Special Functions?
Buying a calculator with a lot of functions doesn't mean you will be using all of them. In fact, you will most likely use only a handful of the functions on the calculator daily. If your calculator comes with many functions, then it increases the possibility of using the wrong one.
4. Keep It Simple
Most times, it's the simple things that work out best. Always consider the simplicity of the calculator you want to buy. Ask yourself, “will I be making use of all these functions?” You are more likely to finish up your work faster with a simpler calculator. Going with this mindset also helps you save money.
5. Consider the Battery Life
Some calculators have only a battery power source. Others have a combination of both battery and solar as a power supply. Whatever choice you make, ensure that the calculator won't be dead whenever you need to use it.
6. Sometimes Smaller Is Better
Electronics are getting smaller and smaller with time. Some people want to always have a calculator with them at every moment of the day. However, some people don't really care about being with one all day. If you do not need a pocket-sized calculator, then it's better to get a larger one. Their display is easy to read, and they come with larger buttons for easy typing. All these features help you save time.
7. Your Budget
It is best to pick a calculator that offers you just what you need for the price. Financial calculators have prices ranging from $30-$100.
You may choose to budget more economic models if you only need a small memory, basic scientific functions, and some extra features like graphs.
If you are a student, you should look for a model to use both in math and financial classes. Sometimes, in certain math subjects, you may have to make use of the graph function. Don't forget to go for a more portable model since you will be carrying it around with you
Whatever model you choose, ensure that there is a balance between the calculator's features and your budget.
We have reviewed some of the best accounting calculators available on the market. There are still many more out there, but hopefully our buying guide can help narrow down your options!