Whether you're preparing for an exam or simply trying to calculate sums in your business, a calculator will always come in handy. The desktop calculator is one such calculator. Though desktop calculators are larger than most advanced calculators today, they are just as functional in carrying out calculations in the office and other places where you don't need to carry out complicated calculations.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks...
What to Look Out For
Though desktop calculators are very important, they save time and increase accuracy. Choosing the right one to buy can be quite challenging. To save you the time and stress involved in choosing a calculator, we have written this article to guide you. Before we check out the calculators, let's see some of the characteristics to look for in a potential desktop calculator. They are the following:
A good desktop calculator must function for a certain period without losing power. Most calculators are powered by solar energy or batteries. While some calculators use either of these power sources, most combine both sources for extended power supply. Such calculators are known as being dual powered.
The durability of a calculator is determined by the materials used in its build and their quality. A durable desktop calculator should be built with a resistant material. Such a material should be able to withstand rough handling and impact.
Such calculators should have a solid keyboard. The keyboard should be stable when pressed and highly responsive. A well-built keyboard and calculator make for a very durable product. You'll also want to note popular and well-reviewed brands and buy your calculator from them.
Ease of Use
The best desktop calculator is very easy to use and can perform all the functions you need it to. When buying a calculator, you should look out for certain buttons to provide shortcuts in using the calculator. Some of such buttons are replay, square root, check buttons, and in advanced cases, tax and profit calculations. Such tools will improve your speed once you get the hang of them.
The quality of a calculator's display can affect your calculations as well as your health. A calculator with a small screen and tiny text will cause you to strain your eyes, leading to eye strain. It will also affect the accuracy of your work leading to avoidable errors. To avoid this, check out the display type, size, clarity, and screen layout of the calculator.
Good calculators primarily use LED displays, which are quite large and visible from a considerable distance. The screen should be simple to use so that you don't get confused in your calculation.
The Layout of the Keyboard
Desktop calculators usually have a simple keyboard layout with fewer keys than more advanced calculators. A good keyboard layout is logical -- all the keys with similar functions are grouped. The keys' size is also important, as a large key is more easily seen compared to a tiny one and is much easier to work with.
Aside from ensuring quality, a warranty also protects you from faulty products on arrival and can be easily replaced. Most calculators come with a one-year warranty, which gives the user some time to check it for faults and change it. Whichever calculator you decide to buy, make sure you check its warranty specifications before closing the deal.
After seeing some of the characteristics to check before buying a calculator, let's check out the guide. This article will consider some of the best desktop calculators and their features. This guide will help you to know what to look out for and how to choose a calculator that is best suited to your needs and profession.
1. Casio DJ-120D Business Desktop Calculator
- 12 Digit Business Desktop calculator
- Check & Correct up to 150 steps
- Cost/Sell/Margin keys
- Solar powered
The DJ-120D is a solar-powered desktop calculator manufactured by Casio. It has a twelve-digit display that allows you to review previous entries on a large display using the navigation buttons. In the instance of a mistake, pressing the "correct" button corrects the error and recalculates the problem automatically. To check your work, all you need to do is tap the “auto review” button, and you'll be able to go through your entries one after the other on a large display. The DJ-120D is suitable for businesses and organizations that do not need to perform complicated problems.
- Calculators Large Display - 12 digits display and large numbers , easy to read. Big and sensitive keys for simple calculations, perfect for office, primary school, market or home use
- Solar Power Calculator - Solar power(works only when it is in bright light) and battery power (1 AA battery included). If the solar strip is blocked, the numbers in the display will disappear. Please put the battery in the calculator compartment before use
- Basic Calculator - Add, subtract, multiply, divide, backspace, % and MU. Auto-off when you do not use it about 10 minutes
- Calculators Large Display - PS material, size 5.7 x 4.7 x1.8 In, weight 4 Oz (1 Piece). Doesn't take up much desk space, but it's big enough to be comfortable using it
- Note: Some buyer may use it in the early morning or night. The screen maybe difficult to read in low light without battery power. Please insert our AA battery for continuous and accurate usage. If you have any question about our product, feel free to contact us, and we will reply within 24 hours
The BESTWYA desktop calculator is a twelve-digit display calculator with a tilted LCD or LED screen. The screen is tilted at an angle of thirty degrees to make it more visible and comfortable to use. The calculator is made with ABS material, which is quite light and durable.
The calculator is solar and battery powered. Solar power works best under very bright light such as direct sunlight or a very bright LED desk lamp. In situations where there is no access to bright light, you should insert the AA battery that was included in its package. This will make for accurate and continuous use.
This calculator is ideal for use in an office, primary school, market, or at home.
- Extra Large 12 Digit Display
- Cost/Sell/Margin & Tax Keys
- Desktop Calculator with kick stand
- Solar Powered with Battery Back Up
The DM-1200BM is an extra large twelve-digit display desktop calculator. Its large display enhances readability. It is powered by solar energy and has large keys, which eases the process of entering data. Solar energy is used when there is sufficient light, but the batteries are used in the absence of light.
The calculator is fitted with plastic keys, which makes it easy to operate. It is fitted with a metal faceplate, which increases its durability and helps it withstand rough handling. This calculator can calculate the cost, selling price, and margin of profit of an item. The function command sign indicates the status of operations.
MS-80B is a high-selling desktop calculator in the US. This calculator is easy to use and doesn't take up much desk space. It is small and can easily fit into a briefcase or drawer. Its eight-digit display makes it easy to read. It is solar powered with a battery for backup. Its solar power can also function in dim light. MS-80B is ideal for home and office use.
- Nice Appearance - All themed to be rose gold and white/black, looks high class. 10 digits display, large numbers and the elevated top makes it easy to see the numbers. Sleek outside, big and sensitive keys for standard calculation , perfect for office, primary school, market or home use.
- Dual Power Calculator - Solar power(works only with bright light) and battery power (1 cell button inside the calculator).
- Multi - Function Calculator - On and Off buttons, Profit margin %, M+, M-,CE， Radical Sign
- Specification - ABS material, size 7.6 x 4.5 x1.1 Inch, weight 4.9 Oz (1 PCS). Doesn't take up much desk space, button design perfectly to use
- Note: There is a built-in cell battery in each calculator that will lasts for several months. When the battery is exhausted, please replace a new battery for continuous and accurate usage. Because some buyers may use it in the early morning or in the evening, and the screen maybe difficult to read in low light. If you have any question about our product, feel free to contact us,and we will reply within 12 hours.
The BESTWYA desktop calculator uses LCD. Its ten-digit display and elevated screen make it easy to read. It has an attractive appearance with sleek and responsive keys, which makes for easy calculation. This calculator is designed with rubber anti-slip pads and feet that protect it from scratches and helps grip on surfaces.
It is dual powered and has a battery for backup as its solar power only functions in bright light. It is fitted with an auto shut-off function, which kicks in after ten minutes of inactivity. This is a general-purpose calculator and is suitable for use at home, the office,
Having considered some of the best desktop calculators on the market, we believe this article will help make the decision process much easier. The calculators reviewed here are from some of the best manufacturers on the market and guarantee you speed, functionality, and affordability. Get a desktop calculator and start your journey into a world of ease.